nt get their customary boost from their fans. T

Se sei un nuovo iscritto presentati! E poi le notizie e le inziative che riguardano la community di carnealfuoco.it.
Condividi

nt get their customary boost from their fans. T

Messaggioda lw789 » 08/01/2018, 4:53

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates -- Rory McIlroy hit wedge into 5 feet for birdie on the 18th hole for a 2-under 70 to regain the outright lead in the Dubai Desert Classic on Friday. The chief challenge for McIlroy came from an American -- but it wasnt Tiger Woods. Brooks Koepka, who earned his European Tour card last year by winning three times on the Challenge Tour, made seven birdies against no bogeys for a 65 that left him one shot behind McIlroy going into the weekend. Woods, meanwhile, hit only four fairways and had to rely on some key putts to salvage a 73. He was in a tie for 44th, eight shots out of the lead. McIlroy was at 11-under 133. He appeared to be in control at Emirates Golf Club, leading by three shots after his birdie at No. 10. But he drove wildly into the waste area on the par-5 13th and the par-4 16th holes, both leading to bogeys, before recovering on the 18th. "It was nice to birdie the last and at least give myself a one-shot lead going into tomorrow," McIlroy said. "I will just go back tonight and sort of regroup and realize I am still leading the tournament. I was more frustrated on the back nine, as the back nine is where you want to build your score after playing the harder front nine." Danny Willett of England, who began his week by jumping out of a plane at 4,000 metres (13,000 feet), had a 65 and shared third place with Damien McGrane of Ireland (70) and Julien Quesne of France (70). Henrik Stenson, who won the Race to Dubai and the FedEx Cup last year, had a 67 and was four shots behind. Woods, trying to join Ernie Els as the only three-time winners of the Dubai Desert Classic, opened with a birdie on his third hole and the highlights were few after that. His only other birdie was on the par-3 11th, with a shot into 2 feet. Instead of going to the practice range after his round, he conducted a clinic with Mark OMeara. "I was on so many parts of the golf course today that I got to meet so many people, signed so many autographs out there and gave a lot of balls away," Woods joked with the crowd. "Seriously, I was just hitting it sideways." He even joked about the 79 he shot last week at Torrey Pines to miss the 54-hole cut on a course where he had won eight times previously, including a U.S. Open. "I have to tell everyone here I never made a 10-footer for not shooting 80," Woods said. As for his round on Friday, he said he putted well, but had too many putts from 40 and 50 feet, which is "not exactly the best thing." "I just didnt hit it close enough and didnt hit it well," Woods said. "I struggled with it and had a bad warm-up, as well. Just one of those days." Koepka is in his first full season on the European Tour. He came close to winning the Frys.com Open last autumn in America before struggling on the back nine. He is roommates in Florida with another American on the European Tour, Peter Uihlein, who bogeyed his last hole to miss the cut. "Winning is winning," said Koepka, who has four Challenge Tour wins. "Ive been able to do it on the Challenge Tour, so hopefully I can get it done with week." It should be more difficult with McIlroy, a two-time major champion, starting to regain his form. McIlroy ended a year without winning in December when he edged Adam Scott at the Australian Open. He finished one shot behind in Abu Dhabi two weeks ago. "Im leading the golf tournament. Ive been in this position before and Ive went on to win," McIlroy said. "Ive led from the front quite well in tournaments that I have won. I feel like I am still playing well and I know the course just as well as anyone else. Im now expecting to go out there and shoot two good scores over the weekend and hopefully lift the trophy." Willett, along with his wife and caddie, began the week with an assisted sky dive on Monday in a charity event. He feels it might have helped with his golf. "If you stand on the first tee, trying to hit a drive into the fairway seemed a little bit less nerve-racking than jumping out of a plane at 13,000 feet," Willett said. "You never know, might have prepared us quite well." Miro Heiskanen Jersey . The Blueshirts hope to stay alive once again when they host the Pittsburgh Penguins in Sundays Game 6 battle at Madison Square Garden. Greg Pateryn Jersey . With Bernard hurt, the second-round pick has emerged.Hill ran for 152 yards during a 27-10 win at New Orleans on Sunday, his second big game. He also ran for 154 yards against Jacksonville earlier this season. http://www.thedallasstarshockey.com/mik ... -jersey/.C. Lions 35-14, was named the CFLs offensive player of the week Tuesday. Sheets recorded his ninth 100-yard rushing performance of the season to tie the Riders club record. Brian Bellows Jersey . -- Theres nothing like winning to bring hope for a struggling team. Radek Faksa Jersey .com) - Nicolas Colsaerts fired an 11-under 60 on Thursday and grabbed a 3-stroke lead with the opening round of the Portugal Masters suspended by rain.WASHINGTON -- Alex Ovechkins absence added to the Washington Capitals offensive woes and the Ottawa Senators were only too glad to take advantage. Kyle Turris and Jason Spezza scored, Craig Anderson made 34 saves and the Senators beat the Capitals 2-0 Tuesday night to hand Washington its sixth straight loss. With NHL scoring leader Ovechkin out with an unspecified lower-body injury, Washington failed to convert on five power plays. During their six-game skid, the Capitals have scored just seven goals, three of them by Ovechkin. "Yeah, hes absolutely a dangerous goal scorer, leading our team and leading the league in goals," Washingtons Troy Brouwer said. "Wed love to have him out there, but we dont have him right now. Even when he was in the lineup the last few games we still havent been scoring goals." In Ovechkins absence, some of Washingtons other offensive threats were silent. Nicklas Backstrom and Mikhail Grabovski had one shot each. Defenceman John Carlson whiffed on a promising slap shot, fired high on another and was stymied by Anderson on a breakaway. "Their goalie played well, but we had a lot of guys with some really good looks, good chances," Washington coach Adam Oates said. "We have to score some goals. I would say the chances were good chances tonight, and we had a lot of them. It is a matter of finishing." It was the 12th loss in the last 15 games for the Capitals, while Ottawa improved to 7-1-2 in its last 10 games to vault Washington in the Eastern Conference standings. Turris scored his 15th of the year with just over 7 minutes left in the second period when he converted on a rush down the right side. Spezza scored his 13th goal on a power play midway through the third period, rifling a wrist shot from the left wing that went just inside the near post and past Caapitals goalie Braden Holtby, who finished with 24 saves in first start since Jan.dddddddddddd4. As they tried to rally, the Capitals didnt get their customary boost from their fans. The Verizon Center, which regularly sells out, was less than half full because of a snowstorm that closed schools and shut down the government Tuesday. "Its a building where they are notorious for coming back and getting momentum," Spezza said. "So to get the two-goal lead lets us play a little different style and with a little more confidence. I thought we played better with the lead tonight in general." It was the 32-year-old Andersons third shutout this year and 25th in his career. He was at his best in the third period when he sprawled for a save to help the Senators kill a penalty and later kicked away a drive by Marcus Johansson. "We played really well for 60 minutes," Anderson said. "From the start of the game to the end of the game we did things we were supposed to do." Washingtons frustration appeared to spill over late in the game when Grabovski received a 10-minute misconduct penalty during a tussle with Zack Smith. "I want the guys to compete and be frustrated," Oates said. "But you cant live in the penalty box. Were not doing a good enough job killing penalties. So that doesnt make sense, either. But I want them to fight for everything we can." NOTES: The Capitals recalled Nate Schmidt to fortify the defence after Steve Oleksy was sent to Hershey and John Erskine sustained an upper-body injury. Schmidt, 22, opened the year in Washington, totalling six points in 28 games. ... The move came a day after Washington sent goalie Philipp Grubauer back to Hershey. The rookie had been pulled from his previous two starts. ... The Capitals play their next five games on the road. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Torna a Community e presentazioni