he Raptors set the tone early in the game, aggress

Se sei un nuovo iscritto presentati! E poi le notizie e le inziative che riguardano la community di carnealfuoco.it.
Condividi

he Raptors set the tone early in the game, aggress

Messaggioda lw789 » 12/01/2018, 4:57

NEW YORK -- It is no accident the New York Rangers are surging just as Henrik Lundqvist is finding his Vezina Trophy form. Daniel Carcillo, Rick Nash and Derick Brassard scored less than 10 minutes in, and Lundqvist made 37 saves as the Rangers routed the Philadelphia Flyers 4-1 on Sunday night. Chris Kreider got his team-leading 12th goal in the second period to help the Rangers win their third straight and fourth in five (4-0-1). Lundqvist has allowed just eight goals in New Yorks past four games. "I got tested early, and you gain confidence when you make a couple of good saves," said Lundqvist, who has given up fewer than three goals in four of his last six starts. "Im happy with the way I am playing. "It definitely helps when we play the way we play in front of me and make good decisions all over the ice." New York, 8-2-1 in its last 11, is tied in points with Washington for second place in the Metropolitan Division -- one ahead of Philadelphia. The Rangers have won seven straight against the Flyers at home, outscoring them 28-8. Ray Emery rebounded after the rough first period and finished with 31 saves for the Flyers, who lost 6-3 on Saturday to Tampa Bay -- ending a 10-game, home-winning streak. Philadelphia had won seven of eight before the weekend sweep. "Its frustrating," Emery said. "Ive got to make some saves, and weve got to come out better. Anytime you put yourself in a hole like that against a team that is playing well like they are, you dont give yourself much of a chance." Lundqvist lost his shutout bid when Mark Streit scored a power-play goal 6:49 into the third. Rangers coach Alain Vigneault offered no theories about how Lundqvist has gotten back on his game after an up-and-down first half.+ "To tell you the truth, I am just focused on one thing with him -- stopping the puck," he said. "How he does it, I dont really care that much." The Flyers were hurt by being short-handed six times in the first two periods. "A lot of guys kill a lot and get a little tired, and the other guys are sitting on the bench and just waiting to get back onto the ice," captain Claude Giroux said. "We need to find a way to stay out of the box." The Rangers came out flying and grabbed a 2-0 lead just 2:42 in on goals 28 seconds apart by Carcillo and Nash. Sloppy play by the Philadelphia defence contributed to both. The first came at 2:14 when Carcillo forced a turnover by Streit behind the net. Carcillo charged out in front and backhanded a shot past Emery for his second of the season and his first in three games with the Rangers since he was acquired from Los Angeles. Before that goal was announced, New York celebrated again when Nash netted his 11th of the season and fourth in four games. Philadelphia defenceman Braydon Coburn lost the puck behind the net to Kreider, who quickly sent a pass out to the charging Nash for a shot from the right circle. New York had a two-goal lead despite recording only four shots. "They were way quicker than us in the first period, had the puck more than us in the first period, and we ended up getting down right away," Flyers coach Craig Berube said. "Weve got to be more ready." Philadelphia got its offence cranked up when Rangers defenceman Dan Girardi was sent off for interference at 6:20. The Flyers had six shots during the advantage but Lundqvist was sharp and turned them all aside. Things didnt go nearly as well for Emery, who replaced an ineffective Steve Mason on Saturday after two periods. He gave up his third goal of the period at 9:24 when Brassard one-timed a shot from the left circle after Mats Zuccarello fed a pass to him from the left corner. Brassard, who has eight goals this season, has scored in consecutive games after going 10 without one. The game turned a bit chippy late in the period, with Philadelphias Scott Hartnell being called for roughing with 1:45 left. Carcillo, formerly of the Flyers, yapped at several players on the Philadelphia bench after he took the seat closest to the partition between the two sides. Carcillo fought Luke Schenn off a faceoff before the midway point of the second period. "I just got here, and from what I can see, when we do the little things right and play the game plan that we want to play against our opponents, we seem to have success," Carcillo said. Emery was much sharper in the second, allowing only Kreiders power-play goal with 6:42 left and stopping 14 other drives. His best save came with 10:13 remaining when he denied Zuccarello on the doorstep. NOTES: Philadelphia had a 17-13 shots edge in the first period. ... Emery stopped all seven shots he faced Saturday. ... The Rangers are 19-2-1 when they score first. ... The Flyers had killed 26 consecutive penalties, dating to Dec. 28 at Edmonton, before Kreiders goal. ... Philadelphia C Vincent Lecavalier earned his 500th NHL assist. Roy Halladay Jersey . He never mentioned anything about his hitting. The 33-year-old right-hander had success with both Sunday, pitching six solid innings and helping the offence-starved Mets with an RBI single as New York salvaged a doubleheader split with a 4-2 win over the Arizona Diamondbacks. Marco Estrada Jersey . On Friday night, after a long rain delay, he was scratched from his scheduled start. http://www.teambluejaysprostore.us/Robe ... ys-jersey/. Grilli hasnt pitched since straining his left oblique in late April. Manager Clint Hurdle says the right-hander will make a couple of appearances in middle relief before the team determines whether to return Grilli to the back end of the bullpen. J.A. Happ Jersey . According to a report from ESPN, sources said Manuels college coach Jimbo Fisher told teams he didnt think Manuel had the tools to be an NFL starter. Roger Clemens Jersey .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons.MEMPHIS - Rudy Gay has played 244 games in Memphiss FedExForum, perhaps none as vindicating as this one. Coming off the worst shooting night of his career - one of the worst in league history - in a devastating loss on Monday, the Raptors forward bounced back at an opportune time for both himself and his team. For the first time since the three-team trade that sent Gay from the Grizzlies, the only NBA team he had ever known, to Toronto last winter, the 27-year-old returned to Memphis on Wednesday and left with a convincing victory that the Raptors sorely needed. "I dont think it was for me as much as we needed it anyway," Gay said, deflecting attention off himself moments after he scored 23 points on 8-of-18 shooting in Torontos 103-87 upset win over the reigning Western Conference finalists in Memphis. "For me personally, it was a little emotional, but other than that, especially coming off the Houston loss, we needed this game." After shooting an abysmal 11-for-37 from the field in the double-overtime loss to the Rockets, Gay eased into his return. He began the game with a concerted effort to get his teammates involved, but when he failed to convert on any of his first four field goal attempts, the look on faces around the arena spoke louder than words. Here we go again, everyone thought. But then Gay did what he does best. He kept shooting. This time he got into a rhythm and when hes locked in, as Grizzlies fans remember, he becomes an exceptionally dangerous scorer. "After last game, I just wanted to get my teammates involved first, move the ball around, get the offence moving and I picked my spots where I wanted to be aggressive," he said. "I missed shots," he acknowledged of the slow start. "Ive missed shots before, last game I missed a lot of shots, so its nothing. Im one of those guys that, if I go out there and miss two, Im going to make sure I make the third." He missed fou,r but then he made the next one and then the shot after that. In fact, he hit four straight, three of them from beyond the arc and just like that, the Raptors were firing on all cylinders. They led by as many as 15 in the first half, 11 at the break. The Raptors offence that looked so terrible in Houston followed Gays lead, as you would imagine. As he looked to distribute, so did DeMar DeRozan. Both players had four assists and Kyle Lowry added six in his best game of the season. As a team, Toronto had 11 assists in 24 minutes, one more than they accumulated in 58 minutes two nights prior. "Its a lot easier because we drew so much attention," said DeRozan, who had 18 points on 7-of-13 shooting. It was the first of nine games this season where both he and Gay were effective at the same time. "One of us has to sacrifice. If we draw two or three guys, we have to kick it to the next man and hell create for the next player. Thats how we have to play. Once we play like that consistently, its definitely going to be hard to guard us." The start of the third quarter brought on another here we go again moment. The Grizzlies, as good teams do, made their run led by the explosive Mike Conley, who scored 12 of his game-high 29 points in the period. With 15 minutes left to play, the home team had tied it up at 70. We have seen this narrrative before and we know how it plays out, generally.dddddddddddd Perhaps the Raptors have learned something from heartbreaking collapses of the past. Perhaps it was an outlier. But they refused to back down from the Grizzlies, a quality and always-intimidating opponent. They ended the third quarter strong and, by the time the fourth rolled along, the game belonged to Gay. It was his night regardless of whether or not his humility would allow him to accept it. "Thats where you find that extra motivation," DeRozan said, mindful of what this game represented for his teammate. "Every game you look for it somewhere, somehow and tonight we played a lot for him. We knew how much he wanted to come back here and win." The reception Gay received as he was introduced to the fans before tip-off was primarily a positive one, but by the time the game was out of reach for the home team, they certainly made him feel like an opponent. As Gay drilled a 19-footer midway through the fourth, giving his team their largest lead of the evening at 19, boos rained down from the stands. "Thats when I realized I dont play here anymore," he joked. What does this game mean in the larger scheme of things? No one knows. The Raptors, at least for now, hope to be a winning team and to do that theyll need to steal games like this. Sure, you can excuse them for cowering to superior teams - Miami, Indiana, Houston - but at some point you need to win one youre not supposed to. They did that on Wednesday and theyll need to do more of it to reach their ultimate goal. "It was a great night for our team," said Lowry, who finished with 21 points. "The effort we showed tonight is how we should play every night." Getting to the line The Raptors set the tone early in the game, aggressively attacking the rim and earning the benefit of the doubt from the officials the rest of the night. "This is a very physical team and we had to be the aggressor," said Lowry, another former Grizzly. "Their physicality can take anybody out of the game, so our goal tonight was to be really aggressive and try to get to the basket and get to the free throw line as much as we could." Toronto outscored the Grizzlies 33-11 at the line, outshooting them 39-17 from the stripe. Quiet, consistent production from Ross Last season, very little of what rookie Terrence Ross did was quiet. He would exchange several ineffective minutes on the floor - on both ends - for one highlight-calibre dunk that would almost mask the inconsistency that held him back as a player. For the second straight game, Ross has been quietly useful. Hes been efficient offensively, shooting three-of-five, where he may be starting to understand that sometimes less is more and, most importantly, hes been a standout on defence. "Hes very poised out there," Dwane Casey said of Ross, who contributed eight points in 20 minutes off the bench. "Hes growing as a player and thats what this year is about for him." Up next After playing six of their first nine games on the road to begin the season, the Raptors happily return home for six of their next seven. Theyll host the Chicago Bulls at the Air Canada Centre Friday evening, a game you can catch live on TSN 1050 Radio beginning at 7:00 pm et. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Torna a Community e presentazioni