this golf course is a little different."

Se sei un nuovo iscritto presentati! E poi le notizie e le inziative che riguardano la community di carnealfuoco.it.
Condividi

this golf course is a little different."

Messaggioda lw789 » 22/01/2018, 6:37

MINNEAPOLIS -- Texas Rangers ace Yu Darvish was scratched from his scheduled start at Minnesota because of neck stiffness he woke up with, and right-hander Scott Baker was summoned back from the bullpen to face his former team Tuesday night. It was yet another injury to a star player for the ailing Rangers, who entered the day with wins in five of their previous six games despite the persistence of health problems. "Just go play. Everyone still has a job to do. Weve lost a lot of good ballplayers, but weve also got a lot of good ballplayers out there," said manager Ron Washington, who learned of the latest setback around noon, seven hours before first pitch. The Rangers were hoping Darvish would be able to avoid the disabled list, but they were waiting for results of a precautionary MRI test on his neck, which was stiff enough in spring training to keep him from pitching for nearly three weeks and delay his season debut by one start until April 6. General manager Jon Daniels told reporters that Darvish said this injury didnt feel as bad as the last one, but given all the time the Rangers have spent in the training room this year they were proceeding cautiously. Baker, who was a second-round draft pick by the Twins out of Oklahoma State in 2003, spent five seasons at the front of their rotation until an elbow injury forced Tommy John ligament replacement surgery in 2012. Baker gave up six runs in six innings Friday at Detroit in his first start of the year but was intended to be moved back to long relief afterward. Against the Twins, he took the mound with three days of rest. Whether he stays in the rotation this time will depend, of course, on Darvishs status. The 27-year-old Japanese sensation is 4-2 in nine starts with a 2.35 ERA, the fourth-best in the league. He has 71 strikeouts in 61 1-3 innings. "If he can pitch Sunday, I want him to pitch," Washington said, acknowledging hed prefer Darvish not have to swing the bat or run the bases with the Rangers playing an interleague series at Washington. The Rangers will have to make a roster move Wednesday regardless, with left-hander Joe Saunders due to come off the disabled list and pitch against the Twins. Saunders has been out since April 4, when he was hit by a line drive on his left ankle in the fourth inning at Tampa Bay. Saunders suffered a stress fracture and made four rehabilitation starts in the minors this month. "Theres no limit on Joe. The Minnesota Twins are going to tell us how limited hes going to be," Washington said. Ryan Johansen Jersey . Scrivens stopped 48 shots and captain Andrew Ference scored in overtime as the Oilers pulled off a 4-3 upset of the Anaheim Ducks on Friday. Ryan Ellis Jersey . Catch the game on TSN starting at 7pm et/4pm pt. You can also listen to all the action live on TSN 1050 at 7pm et. The Knicks are two games behind the Atlanta Hawks for the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference race. http://www.officialpredatorsproshop.com ... as-Jersey/. However, after review it became clear Kadri kicked the puck in. Marek Mazanec Jersey . -- Jerome Verrier scored once and set up two more as the Drummondville Voltigeurs downed the visiting Chicoutimi Sagueneens 5-1 on Friday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League play. Juuse Saros Jersey . -- Jerome Verrier scored once and set up two more as the Drummondville Voltigeurs downed the visiting Chicoutimi Sagueneens 5-1 on Friday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League play.KAPALUA, Hawaii -- Brandt Snedeker starts a new year in golf with hopes of avoiding an old problem -- staying healthy. The Tournament of Champions, which starts Friday, is his first event since a freak accident in Shanghai two months ago. Snedeker was on a Segway scooter during a corporate outing at Sheshan International when he took a tumble and injured his left knee. "I had been on one all day in this pro-am," Snedeker said Wednesday. "I was going down the last hole, seeing how fast I could get it going. I hit a sprinkler head, lost control a little bit and jumped off. I landed on my knee and my knee popped." He feared he had torn his anterior cruciate ligament. Just his luck, he only suffered a small tear, along with a cracked tibia and a deep bone bruise. It was enough to keep him out of the Australian PGA, World Challenge in California and the Franklin Templeton Shootout in Florida. Harris English replaced him as Matt Kuchars partner in the Shootout, and they went on to win. Snedeker said the knee feels good, though the real test starts Friday. He spent last week playing at Hideaway in the California desert, walking 18 holes a day and carrying his own bag. The good news at Kapalua is that he has his caddie. Not so good is that the Plantation Course was built on the side of a mountain, featuring some of the steepest climbs hell face all year. "Ive had a few aches and pains of playing again, but nothing that concerns me," Snedeker said. "The only thing Im worried about is walking 18 holes here. Palm Springs is dead flag. Walking this golf course is a little different." And the last time the six-time PGA Tour winner carrieed his own bag? "Its funny, I got into this routine of doing it after injuries," Snedeker said.dddddddddddd Not so funny is that it has become a routine. In his seven years on tour, Snedeker has had surgery on both hips to correct a degenerative problem. He missed the 2012 U.S. Open because of a rib injury. After one of the hottest stretches of last year -- second to Tiger Woods at Torrey Pines, second to Phil Mickelson in Phoenix and then a victory at Pebble Beach -- Snedeker had recurring problems with his ribs and missed the next month. Snedeker said his rookie season was his only injury-free year. "Its very concerning," he said. "I dont consider myself that, but the evidence bears out that I am injury-prone. Over the course of your career, youre going to have injuries. Im hoping all mine are in a five-year stretch." Hes been taking medication and paying close attention to his diet to stay on top of his fitness, but just like most people, Snedeker will stray on occasion. "You get healthy and you forget about it," he said. "You get injured and you start worrying. Im no different from anyone else." Now, he can hope thats all behind him. Snedeker believes the best part of his career is ahead of him, and hes excited about the major championship venues, with Pinehurst No. 2 among his favourite course in America. He was tied with Angel Cabrera going into the final round of the Masters last year, and he has come to love links golf at the British Open, with strong showings the last two years. His biggest goal for 2014? "Im looking forward to playing an injury-free year," he said with a grin. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Torna a Community e presentazioni