a spot in the national titl

Se sei un nuovo iscritto presentati! E poi le notizie e le inziative che riguardano la community di carnealfuoco.it.
Condividi

a spot in the national titl

Messaggioda lw789 » 01/02/2018, 3:45

DALLAS -- The Dallas Stars three Olympians sent their team into the Olympic break on a high note Saturday night. Finlands Kari Lehtonen made 26 saves to lead Dallas over the Phoenix Coyotes 2-1 Saturday night. He received plenty of help from the Stars defence and got goals from Ray Whitney and Russias Valeri Nichushkin. Canadas Jamie Benn assisted on Whitneys goal. The victory moved Dallas into the eighth and final playoff position in the Western Conference for the first time this season. "Weve come from a long way," Stars coach Lindy Ruff said. "Youve got to give the guys credit for digging in. "I thought if we got within three or four points at the break, we could be a serious contender. Weve exceeded that." The Stars and Coyotes have identical 27-21-10 records for 64 points, but Dallas holds a tiebreaker over Phoenix, which fell to ninth. Coyotes coach Dave Tippett said his teams position at the break is "probably about where we should be. I think were better than that, but thats where we are." "Im not worrying about that too much yet," Lehtonen said of Dallas position in the standings. "Its good that were moving to the right direction. We just have to keep going." He was more impressed by defeating Phoenix twice in five days to make up four points on the Coyotes. "They were huge games both times. I really like it when we play well as a team." Dallas limited Phoenix to 27 shots, 13 in the third period. Lehtonen shut them out until Radim Vrbata scored on a power play with 15 seconds remaining. The Coyotes had six skaters to the Stars four because Tippett had pulled goalie Mike Smith, who had 31 saves. "Again (Lehtonen) was rock solid," said Ruff, an assistant coach for Canadas Olympic team. "He came up with some big saves. One when we were killing a penalty he went down low and made a glove save. He made a big stop on their breakaway when they were short-handed. "The only thing I would like to have seen was for him to get the shutout." "We couldnt generate too much offensively," Vrbata said. "But I think (Smiths) playing the way we know he can play. Hopefully, hes going to stay like that and we can do a little better for him." Whitney scored just 2:10 into the game. Nichushkin scored at 19:26 of the second period, deflecting in a shot by Trevor Daley. Dallas took the early lead when Whitney carried the puck into the Phoenix zone along the left side, skated into the slot and sent a wrist shot past Smith into the upper right corner of the net. "It was kind of not much happening in the first period until we decided we didnt want to back check on a play and give them the first goal," Tippett said. "That was something we talked about as a group, if we get behind its going to be much tougher on us." The Stars ended the first period a man up and put three shots on Smith for a 7-4 edge in shots. One of Dallas shots was short-handed, as the Stars made it difficult for the Coyotes to get out of their end. Midway through the second period, Dallas had two good scoring chances, but Smith gloved a high drive by Sergei Gonchar and stopped a tip-in attempt by Benn in front of the goal. Nichushkin deflected Daleys slap shot from the blue line for the rookies 13th goal with 34 seconds left in the second period for a 1-0 lead. The goal was reviewed to see whether Nichushkins deflection was on a high stick. NOTES: Whitney has seven points (four goals, three assists) in his last seven games against Phoenix. ... Coyotes D Derek Morris (upper-body injury) was inactive. He was hurt during Phoenixs victory over Chicago Friday. C Martin Hanzal, who missed that game because of illness, returned against Dallas. ... The Stars have not allowed more than 28 shots in any of their last 11 games. ... Vrbata has scored three goals in the last four games. ... Saturdays game was delayed briefly in the second period when linesman Ryan Galloway was upended in a collision with Whitney along the boards. Galloway stayed in the game. ... The public address announcer saluted the five Coyotes and three Stars who will be competing in the Olympics. Smith, a former Stars goalie, received almost as strong an ovation as the Dallas players. Matz Sels Jersey . For the Miami Heat, that was outstanding news. LeBron James scored the last of his 32 points on a layup that put Miami up for good with 11. Jason Denayer Jersey . The Canucks figured to be active prior to Wednesdays trade deadline, getting a jump on things the previous day when they dealt goaltender Roberto Luongo to the Florida Panthers for netminder Jacob Markstrom and forward Shawn Matthias. http://www.belgiumsoccerauthority.com/t ... um-jersey/. Sijsling, ranked 74th in the world, was leading 6-0, 4-1 when his Italian opponent called it quits after just 39 minutes on court. In a match pitting together two qualifiers, Michal Przysiezny of Poland defeated local favourite Pierre-Hugues Herbert 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (4) for only his second Tour win of the season. Eden Hazard Jersey . It will then be back to business once the puck drops as the two clubs battle for key points in their respective playoff races. Watch the game live on TSN Canadiens and listen on TSN Radio 690 starting at 7:30pm et. Nacer Chadli Jersey . -- Phil Mickelson will be watching the final two rounds of the Masters from home for the first time in 17 years.ARLINGTON, Texas - Just the prospect of Washington quarterback Colt McCoy playing in his return to Texas was enough to get family and friends buzzing.The former star for the Texas Longhorns will start Monday night against the Cowboys if the Redskins decide, as expected, that Robert Griffin III needs at least another week to recover from a dislocated ankle.Even if Washington does the unexpected, the past week has been a refreshing one for McCoy. He was signed by the Redskins in the off-season only because they wanted a third quarterback to absorb some work behind Griffin and Kirk Cousins.I was going to get a few tickets before (when) I wasnt playing and now it has turned into a laundry list, McCoy said. I dont want it to be too big of a distraction, though. I am excited about going back to Dallas.McCoys return to the site of his last college game in his home state feels more like a revival than a reunion.The 2010 third-round pick by Cleveland started 13 games for the Browns in 2011 before he was sidelined by a head injury. He hasnt started since.McCoy got the call at halftime last week when Cousins was struggling, and led a fourth-quarter drive to Kai Forbaths last-play field goal in a 19-17 win over Tennessee.Hes ahead of Cousins on the depth chart for now, but hell never be ahead of a healthy Griffin, the 2012 Offensive Rookie of the Year who won the Heisman Trophy a year earlier at Baylor, just up the road from McCoys college home.None of that will matter if McCoy is under centre on Monday Night Football in one of the NFLs oldest rivalries at the $1.2 billion home of the Cowboys.Thats where McCoys pass off the railing with the clock approaching 0:00 led to the officiating crew putting a second back on the scoreboard. Texas kicked a field goal in a 13-12 win over Nebrasska for the 2009 Big 12 championship and a spot in the national title game.ddddddddddddAlabama then won the BCS crown after McCoy was sidelined early by a shoulder injury.Ive seen a lot, said McCoy, whose record as a starter is 6-15. My path in the NFL so far has been a lot different than other guys, but Im thankful for the things Ive learned and the experience Ive gained.McCoy will be wearing a burgundy No. 16 rather than the burnt orange No. 12 thats so familiar to fans of the winningest quarterback in Texas history.And hell have one of his former offensive linemen on the other sideline in Tony Hills, a tackle who protected McCoys blind side for the quarterbacks first two seasons at Texas. Hills will be in his second game with the Cowboys after getting signed off Miamis practice squad.Hills, a fourth-round pick by Pittsburgh in 2008, knows a thing or two about NFL purgatory. He sat out last season wondering if his career was over at 28.And now Im back home in the state of Texas, said Hills, a backup who isnt likely to play. Youve just got to keep the faith, keep grinding, keep pressing.The challenge for McCoy will be trying not to make too much of a sudden return to the spotlight he grew so used to managing when he was the small-town West Texas kid. McCoy twice had the Longhorns in contention for a national championship.I just dont want to get caught up in this huge opportunity thing, McCoy said. I just want to go out there and be who I am — that is who I am every day in here — be confident and play the best football I can play.Just being out there is more than family and friends would have expected two weeks ago.___Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL___Follow Schuyler Dixon on Twitter at https://twitter.com/apschuyler Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Torna a Community e presentazioni