ring the Miami Marlins to a 2-1 victory. T

Se sei un nuovo iscritto presentati! E poi le notizie e le inziative che riguardano la community di carnealfuoco.it.
Condividi

ring the Miami Marlins to a 2-1 victory. T

Messaggioda lw789 » 10/02/2018, 4:50

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - Danny Trevathan is grappling with a setback in his comeback.The Denver Broncos top tackler from last season reinjured his left leg Sunday in his second game back from a broken bone under his kneecap. He learned Monday hell miss several more weeks with another crack on the top and side of the same kneecap.Coach John Fox said this latest injury is nothing even remotely the same as his last injury.However, the timeline for his return might be similar.Although Fox declined to say how long he expected Trevathan to be out, his teammates mentioned six weeks when talking about the linebackers latest injury. Trevathan returned in the sixth week after his first knee injury, which occurred on Aug. 12.Trevathan was able to put weight on his left leg Monday. He walked haltingly through the locker room while holding — but not using — the same crutches he thought hed ditched for good last month.The Broncos weakside linebacker was hurt when he was run over by two New York Jets on a screen pass to Eric Decker on the second play from scrimmage in Denvers 31-17 win at the Meadowlands.Backup Brandon Marshall switched helmets with Trevathan so he could make the defensive calls, and rookie Corey Nelson slid into Marshalls role on sub packages and led the Broncos with seven tackles.Our defence, we never flinch, Marshall said. So I just came in and Im like, Lets go, man. We live for this. And thats what I was telling the guys, and we got it done.Marshall finished with six tackles, same as strongside linebacker Von Miller. Marshall said he leaned on the experience he gained from filling in for Trevathan the last time.It was an easier transition this time, Marshall said. The Colts game, the first time, I was a little nervous; Im not going to lie. But when I went back in this game, I think it was a little slower. The game wasnt fast. It slowed down for me, so that was good.It slowed down quickly for Nelson, too.Its kind of like just getting practice or repetition as a youngster. Youve got to get the game-time experience, said Nelson, a seventh-round pick from Oklahoma. And I felt like as the game went on, I was able to settle my feet and get more comfortable to be able to do what I had to do for the defence.Nelson, who played just two snaps on defence before Sunday, finished with 36 snaps from scrimmage and 26 on special teams.He knew what he was doing. He didnt blink, Marshall said. I guess the moment wasnt too big for him. Im happy for Corey. He did well. Hed been working his tail off. Hes going to be a good asset for us.Nelson did make one big blunder. He was late getting onto the field after a punt in the second half and the Broncos had to use a timeout.I guess he thought it was a different package, Marshall said. So, I had to call a timeout, because it was an empty set. They were going to pass the ball, and if he wasnt in there, it might have been a touchdown.Nelson said he went over to talk with special teams co-ordinator Jeff Rodgers and I just lost track of what personnel was out there. Thats on me. I take responsibility for that.It was a small blemish in a breakout performance for Nelson, who didnt even think hed get drafted after tearing his left pectoral midway through his senior season with the Sooners.Man, Corey was huge this game, cornerback Chris Harris Jr. said. He stepped up and played a great game. Nobody knew we were going to have to use him this much this year or in that game. But hes going to have to learn fast with Danny being out six weeks. Were going to need Corey to step up.Were going to need him to improve because its only going to get tougher. Were going to face better offences than that.NOTES: Coach John Fox disputed several of the Broncos 11 flags from Sunday. We turned in a lot of them to the league office, he said. I cant really talk about the specifics. But thats not absolving any blame for us, either.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL___Follow AP Pro Football Writer Arnie Melendrez Stapleton on Twitter: http://twitter.com/arniestapleton Isaiah Thomas Jersey . -- Cincinnati Reds closer Aroldis Chapman is undergoing surgery to repair a broken bone above his left eye but has no other serious injuries after being hit in the face by a line drive in a spring training game. Kyle Korver Jersey . - Tom Brady was upset that his New England Patriots hardly looked like a division champion in the first half. http://www.authenticcavaliersauthority. ... rsey-c-13/. Its a blessing and a burden for nine sons of former NHL players who are all expected to be taken in the first four rounds of the draft this weekend. J.R. Smith Jersey . Dillon Brooks scored 26 points on 9-17 shooting for Canada while pulling down six rebounds and picking up six steals. Teammate Chris Egi had 20 points, 14 rebounds and four blocks. Brad Daugherty Jersey .Those stars, most notably the top line of James van Riemsdyk, Tyler Bozak and Phil Kessel, struggled against the Montreal Canadiens and must be better as the Leafs look ahead to facing the Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers this weekend. CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Given how well Nathan Eovaldi did against the Reds a week earlier, he figured he might as well stick with what worked in the rematch. It worked even better. The right-hander gave his second straight shutdown performance, holding Cincinnati to five hits over eight shutout innings, and Giancarlo Stanton hit his NL-leading 28th homer on Friday night, powering the Miami Marlins to a 2-1 victory. The Reds fell to 8-13 since the All-Star break, a slide that has them stranded in fourth place in the NL Central. Eovaldi (6-6) got his first victory since June 23, ending a streak of three losses and four no-decisions. He was coming off what was his best performance of the second half of the season -- seven innings of one-run ball in a 2-1 win over the Reds last Saturday. He didnt get the decision in that one. He was even tougher in Cincinnati. "Same approach: Keep attacking," he said. "I was able to throw the ball well against them (in Miami). I didnt change my approach." He threw 112 pitches, his last one clocked at 99 mph. Eovaldi walked one and struck out six while going eight innings for the second time this season.dddddddddddd "He was great," manager Mike Redmond said. "He mixed in just enough breaking balls to keep them off balance." Devin Mesoraco doubled home a run in the ninth off Steve Cishek, who then fanned Zack Cozart with two runners aboard to get his 28th save in 31 chances. Todd Frazier had three of Cincinnatis seven hits. Jarrod Saltalamacchia had a bases-loaded sacrifice fly in the sixth inning off Mike Leake (9-10) and Stanton connected in the seventh, ending the right-handers perfect career mark against the Marlins. Leake had been 3-0 in three starts against them with a 1.93 ERA. Casey McGehee hit his second double of the game with one out in the sixth, and Leake walked Garrett Jones and hit Marcell Ozuna to load the bases for Saltalamacchias run-scoring fly to centre. Stanton homered with two outs in the seventh. Cincinnatis Brayan Pena singled in the second inning, giving him a 12-game hitting streak that matches his career high. His left hamstring tightened after he reached base, and he left the game as a precaution after the inning. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Torna a Community e presentazioni