," defensive co-ordinator George Edwards

Tutti i consigli e le dritte per acquistare un barbecue e gli strumenti necessari per fare una grigliata.
Condividi

," defensive co-ordinator George Edwards

Messaggioda lw789 » 27/02/2018, 7:08

As they get set to face their former captain for the first time Tuesday, its somewhat fitting that the Ottawa Senators have reached the halfway point of their season. After 41 games, the Senators sit eight points out of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. There was a feeling amongst a portion of the Ottawa fan base that once Jason Spezza was traded, their team would improve and become more well-rounded and complete. Trust me, I handled enough phone calls and e-mails at the radio station last season to get a pulse on the fan base in this city. Instead, in the first half of a season without Spezza, the Senators fired their head coach Paul MacLean and rank in the bottom five of the league in shots against. Spezza is now a tiny speck in the rear view mirror and yet the Senators continue to have problems finding consistency in their game. And now Im hearing some of the same complaints about the current captain – Erik Karlsson – that we heard about Spezza last year. He turns the puck over too often. He takes too many risks. His shifts are too long. And youll never win with him. In the never-ending quest to find a scapegoat, many fans have shifted the bullseye from Spezza to Karlsson. But the truth of the matter is that Ottawas problems run far deeper than any one player or captain. This is about a team that remains in a re-building process with a good core of young players. When you look at the roster and see the likes of Turris, Karlsson, Hoffman, Stone, Ceci, Cowen, Lehner, Pageau, Zibanejad and Lazar all under the age of 25, its clear that this is a team that should be built to win in 2016 or 2017. And at that point, younger veterans like MacArthur, Ryan and Methot (if he re-signs) should still be valuable pieces to the puzzle. If there is a shred of good news in this disappointing season, its that the Senators front office has a great track record in the NHL Draft. Landing studs like Karlsson, Ceci and Lazar with mid-first round picks should leave fans optimistic that more pieces will be added this summer should the Senators end up missing the post-season. I dont blame Bryan Murray for thinking this was a playoff team at the start of the season because I think we can all agree that, if everything fell into place, the Sens would be good enough to challenge for a wild card spot in a watered-down Eastern Conference. But even in a season where young players like Stone, Hoffman, Ceci and Lazar have taken significant steps forward, its still not enough to push this team into a playoff spot at the halfway point. Right now they are on pace to miss the playoffs by double digits – somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-16 points. And that should be our clearest indicator that the Sens arent quite there yet. As a result, any debate as to whether or not you can win with a particular captain is simply a red herring. It was true about Spezza last year and it remains the same for Karlsson this season. When the core of this roster is mature enough to compete for a playoff spot – and Im now starting to think that might be in the 2016-17 season - then we can have the debate as to whether or not you can win with a particular captain. Until then, I think Sens fans need to keep their focus on the fact their team is still re-building – and not on who is wearing the C in this town. Kayvon Webster Jersey . LOUIS - The St. Eric Dickerson Jersey . The deals were announced on Friday. Beckham will receive $4.175 million in base salary, while De Aza will receive $4.25 million. Beckham hit .267 with five home runs and 24 RBIs over 103 games last season, his fifth with the White Sox. http://www.authenticramsfansclub.com/Bl ... ll-Jersey/. The hard-serving 22-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., became the first Canadian to be ranked in the Top 10 on the ATP World Tour thanks to his runner-up performance at Rogers Cup in Montreal. Samson Ebukam Jersey . Grilli hasnt pitched since straining his left oblique in late April. Manager Clint Hurdle says the right-hander will make a couple of appearances in middle relief before the team determines whether to return Grilli to the back end of the bullpen. Robert Woods Jersey . Gomes drove in all three runs, including a go-ahead two-run homer in the eighth inning, and Cleveland rallied for a 3-2 win over the Chicago White Sox on Sunday.MANKATO, Minn. - Captain Munnerlyn started his first training camp with the Minnesota Vikings away from the action and on the sideline, placed on the physically unable to perform list so he could work his way through a minor hamstring injury. Make no mistake, though. Munnerlyn will play the most prominent role in this teams young secondary. "Im definitely a leadership kind of guy," he said. "My names Captain!" Drafting Teddy Bridgewater was the off-season move by the Vikings that created the biggest stir, given their decade-long quest to establish a long-term solution at quarterback. Signing Munnerlyn in free agency was the most important acquisition in the meantime, however. This is a defence that allowed an average of 30 points per game last year, the most in the league, and the root of the problem was at cornerback. The Vikings abruptly dumped veteran Antoine Winfield to save space under the salary cap, and again declined to bring him back once the season started so they could add quarterback Josh Freeman. They lost not only their emotional compass, but pound for pound their best tackler. Winfields skill at playing the slot position against formations of three or more wide receivers was a stabilizing force for the group while others had their ups and downs at the outside spots. Josh Robinson was asked to learn slot coverage on the fly and failed at it often. Xavier Rhodes emerged during his rookie year as a promising building block, but he was still raw and was frequently injured. Chris Cook had another unproductive season and was not brought back. The rest of the depth chart was, to put it diplomatically, mixed and matched. Now with Munnerlyn in the fold and a scheme change under new coach Mike Zimmer, the Vikings are banking on far better performances frrom their defensive backs.dddddddddddd "We want no uncontested throws, so we want to be right up there on the receivers and limit those windows those quarterbacks have to throw it," defensive co-ordinator George Edwards said. Munnerlyn is tied with Charles Tillman for the most interception return touchdowns over the past four seasons, with five. He was credited last year with a career-high 13 pass breakups and 86 tackles. With Rhodes entrenched at one spot, Robinson is in line to start at the other outside spot with Munnerlyn in the middle. Shaun Prater, Derek Cox and Marcus Sherels are the other returners in competition, and draft picks Jabari Price and Kendall James are also under consideration. But while the evolution of NFL offences has dictated the nickel defence to be used almost as often as the base alignment, there will be plenty of plays when only two cornerbacks are on the field. Munnerlyn doesnt plan on being on the sideline for those. "Im never going to sell myself short in being just a nickel. I feel like Im a starting corner," he said. "I can be that guy on the outside. Yeah, I think its a job up for grabs, and if a jobs up for grabs Im going to win it." Munnerlyn was attracted to Minnesota largely because of Zimmer and his preference to play physical, pressing coverage at the line of scrimmage. That fits his style well. "Thats something I pride myself on, not letting my guy catch the ball," Munnerlyn said. The Vikings will need a lot of that from Munnerlyn to improve upon their greatest weakness of 2013. "Ive been happy with him. Hes very, very competitive. He likes to talk a lot on the field, so weve got to keep him reined in a little bit," Zimmer said. "But thats better than having to go the other way." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Torna a Scelta e acquisto di barbecue, utensili, strumenti per la cottura